What Is the Big Difference?
Planning your wedding can be exciting, but also stressful. One thing you can do to help with your stress load is hire a wedding coordinator or wedding planner. You might ask, “are those not the same thing?” Nope! They are both two entirely different wedding professionals. We get this question a lot when speaking with potential clients. We want the best fit for you and your wedding. You may only need a someone who does coordinating, or you may want a fully involved wedding planning professional. Let’s go into what each title does when working with you and your wedding.
A wedding coordinator is your day of liaison that takes care of your wedding day logistics.
- Wedding Timeline
- Vendor communication
- Get You Married!
Usually we come in one to two months before your wedding and do a full takeover of your wedding.
- Learn your vendors & their contracts you signed with them (venue, caterer, florist, rentals, band/DJ, etc)
- Create your wedding timeline. This is where we map out your entire wedding day in one document to give out to all of your vendors so everyone can stay on schedule.
- We contact all of your vendors. We send them the timeline and tell vendors that we are the point of contact to all vendors for your wedding. This means vendors don’t have to keep calling you the week of your wedding. We’ll take care of it!
- We run your rehearsal ceremony. We’ll get you in, your officiant will get you married, and then we’ll get you out. It’s that simple! All you have to do is enjoy your day and party!
A wedding planner is someone who helps you every step of the way leading up to your wedding. Depending on your contract with your planner, we can come in at any point. You choose the time you want your planner based on your budget and needs. Some want us there the minute after they’re engaged, others want us 6 months before the wedding. It’s up to you and it’s fully customizable!
Your wedding planner helps with the design and overall feel of your wedding.
- Brainstorm style ideas for you based on meetings with you about your wedding.
- Create and execute your vision.
- We help and create the creative aspects of your wedding day.
Your wedding planner also helps in other ways:
- We recommend and help find the perfect vendors for you based on your budget and wants.
- We can and will attend vendor meetings with you (Venue scouting, menu tasting, florist consultations, etc. )
- We can also help create and manage your budget.
- We do all of that PLUS the duties of a wedding coordinator.
Whichever you choose, planner or coordinator, we want your day to be everything you dreamed of! It’s our job to make everything run as smooth as possible and keep you stress free. We hold your hand, we make sure you eat, and let you party! It’s your wedding! You should enjoy it.
Christen Jones Photography
Rob & Deanna Photography
Kelly Ginn Photography
Bella Baxter Events